Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Model Rejected? Works fine for me?
(07-05-2015, 10:05 AM)Pichi-Hime Wrote: So what format should I export the model in to keep the rigging and UVs? I've tried .obj, but the rigging is lost. I can't think of another accepted format for TMR... :/
*.FBX is honestly a favorable file extension for TMR, and I personally find it to be better than *.DAE because there are so many different versions of *.DAE for different programs and it's hard to have a flawless import of a *.DAE file across all 3D applications.  With *.FBX it's at least much more consistent across almost all programs whether it be Maya, Blender, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, you name it.  And the best part for your worry is that it supports rigging, along with other features such as multiple UV maps, animation, and multiple objects per file such as meshes, bone structures, lamps, and cameras (though just the meshes, bones and textures are needed for submissions).  Another popular file extension on TMR that supports rigging would be Valve's *.SMD file extension, but there are a few programs I think that don't fully support that extension yet.  More downsides to *.SMD is that child bones are not connected to their parent bones, it can't properly hold animation data, doesn't support multiple UV maps, and cannot hold more than one object in a file (unless it's a bone structure assigned to a mesh.
Thanked by: TGE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by TGE - 06-30-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by AdelQ - 07-06-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by AdelQ - 07-07-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by AdelQ - 07-08-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by Dazz - 07-08-2015, 04:46 PM