Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
VNN | Global News Thread
(06-27-2015, 02:32 PM)psychospacecow Wrote:
(06-27-2015, 08:06 AM)Lemonray Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 11:09 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Man, this stuff confuses me.

That is because you have been conditioned by the patriarchy.

Define Patriarchy, because truth be told, it probably has more to do with my general confusion for stuff like this. I mean, I am autistic.

That's just Ray and his tinfoil fedora talking. He's saying "oh, you've been trained to think along the lines of a system of society in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it". He's being sarcastic though, because that's what most tumblr feminists blame for the ignorance of our [largely cisgender] society. illuminati confirmed

To make things a little easier, let me lay out the buzzwords. I'll throw in buzzwords, but then go back and you'll understand.
Let's start easy. You probably know these.

HETEROSEXUAL = You, probably. An individual who is sexually attracted for the other sexual preference.
HOMOSEXUAL = An individual who is sexually attracted to those of the same sexual preference.

You might've heard these, but I'm gonna throw some buzzwords in. I think they started to be a thing a few years ago.

BISEXUAL = An individual who has a sexual preference for both members of the GENDER BINARY (Society's idea of "male and female")
ASEXUAL = An individual who has no sexual preference. Has no sexual attraction to anyone regardless of gender identity.
PANSEXUAL = An individual who is sexually attracted to all sexual preferences and genders. Loves people "for people".
TRANSEXUAL = Someone whose "physical gender" conflicts with their "psychological gender". This person person expresses a desire to live and be accepted as a member of their identified sex, and usually experiences impaired functioning or distress as a result of their gender identification. As a result, most usually vie for physical changes for their body, including sexual reassignment surgery.

"Transsexual" might have been confusing. Good. Here's where I bust out the confusing words.
GENDER IDENTITY = A person's "psychological sex". Their private sense and subjective experience of their own gender (gender alone is...uh, masculinity, femininity, etc.).
TRANSITION = the process of changing one's gender presentation permanently to accord with one's internal sense of one's gender.

However, some individuals do not identify with some (or all) of the aspects of gender that are assigned to their biological sex (your dangly bits), which is where the whole "gender identity" thing you hear about from tumblr comes in.

CISGENDER = You. A person who's comfortable with their biological sex and identifies with the aspects of gender assigned to your sex.
TRANSGENDER = A person who wishes not to identify with the aspects of gender assigned to their biological sex.
GENDERQUEER = Catch-all term for gender identites that are neither masculine or feminine, like....agender, pangender, and third gender.

Uhhh, yeah it's kind of a hard concept to grasp, but imagine SEX is "someone's biological gender" and GENDER is "someone's psychological gender".
Western culture typically assigns qualities that are "masculine" and "feminine" to those genders, and for example, a trans man would be a biological woman who doesn't identify with their culture's assigned gender expectations of "femininity", and psychologically associates themselves with the qualities of "masculinity".

It's different than a girl who's a "tomboy" as a kid; a tomboy is just generally a girl who exhibits characteristics or behaviors typical of a boy, but that's more like a stage though of youth that girls exhibit when they think typical girl hobbies are shit.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
VNN | Global News Thread - by Kosheh - 03-31-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: VNN | Global News Thread - by Kosheh - 06-26-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: VNN | Global News Thread - by TomGuycott - 06-26-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: VNN | Global News Thread - by [robo9] - 06-26-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: VNN | Global News Thread - by Kosheh - 06-26-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: VNN | Global News Thread - by psychospacecow - 06-26-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: VNN | Global News Thread - by Lemonray - 06-27-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: VNN | Global News Thread - by psychospacecow - 06-27-2015, 02:32 PM