Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.]
(06-27-2015, 03:51 PM)Dolphman Wrote: But I'll give some advice for you American collectors: Try importing from Australia, because we have a massive amount of the rare ones.
eBay and shouldn't be a problem since most Aussie sellers have them for around $20-30 AUD.

It's tempting, and we would, but no Australian retail site (which we'd rather buy from, eBay's prices get ridiculous) will ship to the states - otherwise your online stores would have zero stock. :/

I think there's one, called Beat the Bomb, who does. But I'm not totally sure due to the shipping being astronomical.

Also, because I heard that like three people care, here's my amiibo collection. Not as nicely displayed yet as Koen's collection but I'm working on a nicer display with raised sections that'll go in our display cabinet.

[Image: W5Vvpjg.jpg?1]

For the record: Some amiibo are boxed due to the fact they're store exclusives in the US, hence hard-to-find, and some are boxed because of how fucking difficult they were to find. After taking this picture, I took Lucario out of the box and the next one to go is probably Marth.  But chances are they'll all be unboxed soon because I'm running out of space and really need to get to work on that display. Ness is out because I play Ness A LOT and I was super-psyched to train him up as quickly as possible.
I have a lot of Smash amiibo because those that I'm collecting are because I play those characters in Smash. Yes, at least like 29 of them (Jiggly is just a figure I liked and Meta Knight's for Rainbow Curse compatibility. Likewise, I have Toad for Captain Toad compatibility) I have MP Luigi because I don't like the Smash design with his phallic support.
Silver and Gold Mario are never leaving the box or my display cabinet, because they're like
truly trophies of Nintendoness
I've had to import some because of how hard some of them are to come by in the States, but it doesn't bother me because they'll all be opened eventually.

My dad noticed my collection recently when he came over and suggested I build a shelf or get a display case. which left me completely fucking elated that he finally acknowledged one of my [admittedly more toxic] hobbies and didn't harshly judge me before accepting them (for the record, this means a lot, because my dad used to be incredibly judgemental of me and my hobbies before I moved out. He's really mellowed out since)

But...yeah, my collection.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - by Kosheh - 06-27-2015, 04:38 PM