Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.]
(06-27-2015, 08:43 AM)E-Man Wrote: I'm not sure how you guys will react to this, but I'm more or less neutral about Amiibo collecting.

That's actually incredibly healthy, you shouldn't feel weird about it. XD

The main reason that I'm more or less getting an overabundance of them is threefold: One, when I was growing up, a lot of my favorite toys were characters who were only available as figurines with no articulation, usually with stands. I had a bunch based on the Mega Man animated series (and by a bunch I mean a bunch of doubles of Cut Man and Guts Man) and stuff like that, and I have very fond memories of playing with toys that were basically just blocks of plastic.

Two, video games have always been one of my favorite things, hands down. I love games more than most people love TV. I grew up playing Nintendo and Sega, and have grown up continuing to play them and a large ranges of other systems and games as the scope broadened.

Three, most of the characters I'm vying for the most have almost NO merchandise available for them officially. Like, at all. You can get plushes of certain characters like Meta Knight or Dedede, but something of a character like Captain Falcon? Forget about it, nothing official exists... probably.

Anyway, you don't even need amiibo to unlock stuff for your games if you have 'that one friend' who is really into them and buys a ton. In my circle of pals, I'm that one friend. I've actually brought a bunch over to my best friend's house before to unlock a bunch of Mario Kart costumes for Miis.
Thanked by: E-Man

Messages In This Thread
RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - by TomGuycott - 06-27-2015, 10:45 AM