Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Web Dev Chat
I understand the frustrations of building around a client's requirements. My biggest projects have been this network and VGFacts and I definitely wound up a bit spoiled in that regard as it was mostly just Dazz and I laying out what was needed and the lack of absurd demands was wonderful.

I've been making more frequent use of JavaScript as time has gone on but still nothing major. Originally, this was due to lack of familiarity with it and more recently, it's just been to ensure a consistent cross-browser and platform experience. The latter is becoming less and less of an issue as technology improves though so I may start playing with it a bit more (e.g. submitting comments via AJAX instead of a normal form submission). We'll see.

jsblocks seems interesting but I'm not sure I'm a fan of all of these competing libraries. I understand the necessity of jQuery and think it's wonderful but there are now so many libraries built on top of it that it's becoming very difficult to keep track of them all. I've personally not looked too thoroughly into any of them because, while I can see the appeal of something like AngularJS or jsblocks, they still rely on jQuery and I already know that so I tend to just stick with it.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Web Dev Chat - by Flare - 05-09-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Web Dev Chat - by Petie - 05-23-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Web Dev Chat - by Kitsu - 05-23-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: Web Dev Chat - by Flare - 05-26-2015, 05:26 AM
RE: Web Dev Chat - by Petie - 05-26-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: Web Dev Chat - by Flare - 05-26-2015, 01:55 PM