Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What Draws You Toward A Game?
As a warning I pretty much only play Music Games nowadays with the occasional JRPG at home and other arcade games while at the arcade such as Super Table Flip.

Graphics: They need to fit the purpose of the game without being overly distracting. As someone who plays music games the overly distracting part can be hella bad, particularly since I need to focus hitting the buttons at the correct time. This is something that in general could be something for boss fights too, if you're too distracted going up against the boss, then you're not going to do as well.

Boss Fights: They need to be terrifying. If you know me as a person, you'll know that horror games have 0 affect on me while playing them and I much prefer to watch other people play them so I can enjoy their experience. However if you've ever seen me play a game with good Boss Fights, I make the same noises as someone who does get easily terrified while playing Horror games. Also instead of screaming I will say/yell the word no a lot. I promise you this means I'm having fun. This only kinda related to the music game aspect when I have noticed I improved. Improving is more terrifying then the boss songs themselves.

Music: It needs to make sense. For example, the song Microwave Popcorn is in Pop'n Music, based on the chart it has, it's honestly perfect for Pop'n music and is one of the most fun charts to play. The Pop'n Music game controller is 9 buttons, 4 on top and 5 on bottom, and all slightly bigger then a Sorry game board dice popper. So it's a lot of Kinetic movement and it's really fun. Meanwhile the song wouldn't translate into IIDX very well because its 7 buttons, in a very much piano like style shaped as smallish rectangles, and a giant turntable on the side. IIDX is more based on hand speed while Pop'n is more based on moving your arms. That being said some songs do work well for both, Nadeshiko Rock being one of them. Nadeshiko Rock was originally in Pop'n Music but was eventually translated to become a IIDX chart as well, then eventually all other music games made by Konami as well. It goes for other games too, I don't want a slow and easy song when facing off a boss, I want something that is going to make it much more terrifying.

Gameplay: It's sometimes really hard to grip my attention game wise. Sandbox and Music games do the best job at it, I think I just kinda like to be able to do whatever and go at it. Constant improvement and being rewarded when you do improve is also really great. Music games are particularly good when it comes to that.

Controls: I'm used to controls being hella on point, and if they are not it bothers me. Playing music games with lag is like trying to play an FPS without only a mouse and nothing else. It doesn't work and it's god awful.

Story: It needs to have a good story. Well Music Games don't but IIDX is full of different stories if you pay any attention to the videos, and each character in Pop'n Music all have their own backstories and there is around 1,000 characters if not more. So honestly Stories are minorly important there too. I really love world and character building so anything that has shit like that in it I will fall in love with.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
What Draws You Toward A Game? - by Koh - 05-14-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: What Draws You Toward A Game? - by Gors - 05-14-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: What Draws You Toward A Game? - by Shade - 05-14-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: What Draws You Toward A Game? - by Omegajak - 05-14-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: What Draws You Toward A Game? - by Kriven - 05-14-2015, 07:12 PM
RE: What Draws You Toward A Game? - by Koopaul - 05-15-2015, 02:06 AM