Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: What is your opinion of Windows Vista?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I hate it !
18.75%
3 18.75%
I dislike it.
6.25%
1 6.25%
I neither like nor dislike Windows Vista.
37.50%
6 37.50%
I like it.
25.00%
4 25.00%
I love it !
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Show yourself if you like windows vista.
(05-09-2015, 12:14 AM)puggsoy Wrote: I think the main reason Vista was seen as bad was the horrible compatibility.

This, but I also think the beta had something to do with it. I used the beta and it really was awful but it was obviously incomplete. The problem was, there were a lot of vocal people who were writing about how bad it was months before the actual OS hit the shelves and by the time it did, there was already a massively negative perception of it from people who didn't understand what beta meant.

(05-09-2015, 12:14 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Personally I think 8 gets more flack than it deserves. Apart from the most obvious changes (Start Screen, Charms Bar, etc), it's more or less the same as 7, but with some nice features like Fast Startup. It's not perfect (and I can see why some people still prefer 7), but it's definitely not terrible.

Agreed, for the most part. I still prefer 7 but I used 8 for a while. I tried to like the start screen and couldn't, and the touch-designed features were clunky with a mouse (but still usable) but there were some incredible improvements too. Explorer is better, the task manager is significantly improved, and yes, it starts incredibly fast, even without an SSD. It definitely gets too much hate but I think it's a little more justified than it was for Vista since these were functional changes.
Thanked by: psychospacecow, puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show yourself if you like windows vista. - by Petie - 05-09-2015, 09:56 AM