Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Feel the "character" of games have gone down?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Strongly Agree
25.00%
2 25.00%
Agree
25.00%
2 25.00%
Neutral
12.50%
1 12.50%
Disagree
25.00%
2 25.00%
Strongly Disagree
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Feel the "Character" of Games Have Gone Down?
(05-08-2015, 12:19 AM)BullockDS Wrote: I really don't think that indie games deserve a free pass on this though. Faux-retro for indie games has practically become what gritty brown-and-gray has become for mainstream games.

I don't know if this is directed at me or not because I mentioned Shovel Knight. Faux-retro is in right now, you're right, and that went a long way towards advising my opinion that large numbers of developers are using the same motifes. However, Shovel Knight is such a distinct character, which is why I mentioned him. But here's some other games from this generation and the one previous full of personality that I don't think fall into the faux-retro camp:

Armillo, Dillon, PushMo, A Kappa's Trail, Gunman Clive, Liberation Maiden, Lollipop Chainsaw, Catherine, Professor Layton, etc...
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel the "Character" of Games Have Gone Down? - by Kriven - 05-08-2015, 01:56 AM