Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Feel the "character" of games have gone down?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Strongly Agree
25.00%
2 25.00%
Agree
25.00%
2 25.00%
Neutral
12.50%
1 12.50%
Disagree
25.00%
2 25.00%
Strongly Disagree
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Feel the "Character" of Games Have Gone Down?
Extra Credits already mentioned this is the best time to be an independent game creator because there are assets everywhere and engines that run anything and everything. You can put your game everywhere and anywhere depending on how much you put into your game.

If you're asking me do i feel game quality has gone down amongst AAA developers yes, but that's because it's time for AAA to crumble anyway sooner or later the record sales are going to stop, people aren't going to want a new COD that looks just like old COD. 

Hmmmm I don't know how 32-bit doesn't hold up in most cases. I likeeveryone's go to being Seiken Densetsu 3, I'd have said Legend of Mana but that's proabably just preference of style. You're right though limitation allows people to think of unconventional ways to convey information and ideas when it comes to games. Like, the reason people get that Sonic is all about attitude is that unlike Mario Sonic get's impatient if you leave the game on. If your mom called you or whatever while your were in the middle playign in whatever dark room you were playing it you coem back and Soni'cs all "Oh LOOK who came back! Gee, sure hope moms trash was more important than these cute little trapped animals ya dick." Which is adorable in a "Hey someone thought so much of me that they made Sonic care, or at least act as if he cares about what I'm doing/not doing.

Yeah games don't do that anymore. I remeber when it was a big deal Tales of the Abyss finally got like the whole on face reaction and aimations down. That game has mad heart. I say that game still holds up in terms of being 3D and good looking. I think realism is good but for different reasons when you're trying to convey a very realistic world it's better to draw from reality. Benefactors of this are Blood Borne, Dark Souls, Uncharted, GTA, Car Sims, FPS's, Sports Games. These games are based in and around our world so they should reflect the things people will see. Games like Brave Fencer Musashi, Final Fantasy Tactics, Azure Dreams, Mystical Ninja, those aren't games based in worlds like ours so why even try to confine them? Give them a style or artistic look that is referential to reality as opposed to imitating reality. I think a lot of developers could do with your thinking Koh.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by: Koh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel the "Character" of Games Have Gone Down? - by Omegajak - 05-07-2015, 05:06 PM