Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The End Is Near: Gamestop accepting retro game trade-ins
(04-25-2015, 08:23 PM)MrYoshbert Wrote: You mean there's the possibility of not having to scour the streets for some grimy obscurely-situated shop that sells old PS1 games for over-inflated prices, and instead just rely on the decently-priced Gamestop 20 minutes away?

I'm all for it.
The only downer though is that it seems like it's gonna be done through their online store...which serves like, the continental US. :/ Alternatively though, you could find a game you like, visit your local Gamestop, pay for it in full and then have the game shipped to your house. And if it doesn't work, return it back to Gamestop.

I wouldn't expect them to actually sell retro games until they, like, actually make room in their stores for it lol

(04-25-2015, 08:35 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Question, who that still owns such games would give them to Gamestop of all places?

Casuals :V

No but like the guy cleaning out his basement looking to make a quick buck to put down for the next Battlefield title would totally trade his games into Gamestop. Also, it's nice because like, you don't get hilariously ripped off like you do at a ma & pa store nowadays

(04-25-2015, 09:15 PM)Kriven Wrote: If the price is right, I'm down for it. Basically all I need back from GameStop is enough money to repurchase the game on PSN/Virtual Console and I'm happy. The only reason I would ever sell games in the first place is to downsize my collection without losing the actual content.

or...this guy, lol

One thing that gets me about digital games is that it really isn't the same. It's not popping a game out of the case and putting it onto the console. There's a weird little satisfaction and pride in doing so.
I'm down with digital when you're able to obtain games that are literally fucking impossible for 1% of their secondhand cost. Like, I could pay $150 for a gently-used Earthbound cartridge or $200 for a Shantae GBC cart

or $10 to play Earthbound on my Wii U or $5 to play Shantae on my 3DS, with emulator savestate features (which I frankly couldn't give half a shit about but it's nice to have I guess)
The actual Smart People decision would be to just buy the damn game digitally

(04-25-2015, 08:56 PM)Helmo Wrote: I remember when Gamestop had some sort of retro rewards deal. Basically you got points for every used game you bought, and when you got like 10,000 points you could get... SMB1 on NES, that game that costs like $2 (or something similar).

I still kind of hate Gamestop
I remember that as well and tbh I'm with you it was kinda stupid. At least now you don't have to spend $2000 to get a random game that pops up in their "Retro Rewards" section :V
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: The End Is Near: Gamestop accepting retro game trade-ins - by Kosheh - 04-25-2015, 10:14 PM