Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Design Survey: Choosing Perspective
(04-15-2015, 03:39 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Its a good question. I guess it largely depends on how much the content would differ based solely on the change.

Basically this, yeah. It would have to be different enough to warrant replaying as each character, but still similar enough to show the cool way that the stories are related. Alternate endings would also help (as opposed to, say, at the end the characters meet up again and it turns out the same each time).
I haven't played any games that do this but I would certainly love to if it's done well.

Also, a similar design could be to make it one story, but you switch between characters in each "chapter". Similar to how the Animorphs book series had each book from a different character's point of view (although due to there being more books than characters, it tended to cycle through them). It doesn't have the same replayability factor, but it would be an interesting way of presenting a story, if you do it properly. I'm not saying you should do this instead though, it's just a related idea that I got.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
Game Design Survey: Choosing Perspective - by Koh - 04-15-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: Game Design Survey: Choosing Perspective - by puggsoy - 04-15-2015, 09:36 PM