Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Design Survey: Choosing Perspective
This is mostly a public opinion survey about a game design aspect my game development partner and I have thought would be a great implementation for most of our games.

So, the idea we want to work with is that at the start of the game, the player gets to choose whose perspective they wish to follow of the main characters. In other words, they choose who they want to play as, and only directly control that character through the whole game, as well as experiencing the story from that character's perspective. So this means, for example, when the party members split up for whatever reasons over the course of the game, the player gets to experience what the other characters were up to at that point in time, if they play the game as a different character.

We feel this would add an extra great layer of replayability, as well as giving all the characters a chance to shine in their own right. But I can also see the skepticism some people would have about playing through the whole game again, and experiencing like 70% of the same content again just for the sake of the above. What are your thoughts? This survey will help us think about this design choice more.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
Game Design Survey: Choosing Perspective - by Koh - 04-15-2015, 11:19 AM