Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
EVERYONE, GET IN HERE! - The Voice Actors Thread
I can't beat Dazz's entry by any stretch, but at the same time it does appear to be from a more obscure game, where low-paid or no-paid voice actors are the only option.

My favorite example of bad voice acting comes from Mega Man ZX: Advent. Some people apparently disliked the fact that the original ZX removed voice acting in the English version, as if it diminished the gameplay.

For as bad as the voice acting is in this game, it actually does have a character whose voice actually sounds good with the character, that being the Trilobite boss. For some reason, I really like how genuinely creepy his voice is, especially when he reverses time in his boss fight and says "Run!" as all the missiles he just fired fly back at you in reverse. Another genuinely creepy moment (also in the video I posted) is only in the Ashe story, because he says how he's going to "manhandle" her, which got a little TOO creepy. I:

An easy target for bad voice acting is Dreamcast era games, like House of the Dead 2:

But my FAVORITE gem in bad voice acting has GOT to be Dynasty Warriors 3:

An example of (arguably) good voice acting I like is Kid Icarus: Uprising. The characters just have good dynamic and cheeky dialogue that makes me happy. For some reason I can't find any good compilations, so here's a common funny scene:

Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: EVERYONE, GET IN HERE! - The Voice Actors Thread - by TomGuycott - 04-09-2015, 09:52 PM