Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What do big companies care more about?
(03-27-2015, 10:07 AM)E-Man Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 09:14 AM)Goemar Wrote: Most of the exciting interesting things are done by the small guys now days. And well, in all honesty, I'm fine with that.

The small guys as in indie developers, right?

By the way, Goemar, which indie games do you consider interesting? I got firsthand experience with Don't Starve and Minecraft (even if the latter gets old without mods) to understand a small sample of what indie developers are capable of, but I do want to know which other games caught your eye.

Small guys as in the Indies or even smaller teams within bigger companies. Pix the Cat, Valiant Hearts, Velocity X2, Oddworld: New n Tasty, OlliOlli 2, Never Alone, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, etc etc.

I brought my PS4 with the idea that Alien would be the game I played, just didn't happen. I ended up playing a fair bit of Destiny (because brothers and friends had it) about an hour of Killzone and about an hour (if that) of Alien. Everything else has been a downloadable game, and so many have been fantastic. Big releases, I mean yeah, I'm looking forward to Batman and MGS V (even though every word spoke by Snake will make me cry because he's no longer Snake) but the exciting stuff I find myself really enjoying is either made by a small developer or a small team within a big company.

Nintendo makes great games. I loved Mario Galaxy 2, it was a very fun game. But it didn't blow me away. Mario hasn't blown me away since Lakitu ducked under that bridge for the first time in 3D. Yes sometimes they still get me (Zelda: Link Between Worlds) but most of the time it's a case of "this is great" but just not magic.

OlliOlli 2 had me hooked in seconds, I cried at the end of Valiant Hearts and Velocity X2 made me grip my controller - hard (that's as close as I get to getting mad at games) as my heart raced like hell trying to get that perfect run.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: E-Man

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do big companies care more about? - by Goemar - 03-29-2015, 11:38 AM