Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.]
(02-02-2015, 12:59 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Part of me is a little perturbed that he's buying so many of something that I just want one or two of... but the majority of me just laughs at the fact he's shelling out thousands of dollars to sit on a mountain of plastic effigies of characters he hates just to spite people.

I also wouldn't mind hearing some sob story later down the line of him falling into serious financial trouble over his lousy investment, because judging solely by his twitter mannerisms, the guy sounds like a douchebag and a bigot.

The best part is that's actually going to happen.
The thing is that he used multiple people's credit cards (as in, other family members) in this case to purchase so many figurines. He's got about $35,000 to blow on this.
Keep in mind the guy's in his late teens/early young adult years, and still living with his parents (which is no big deal these days...but). That's basically his current savings; the money that would get a typical person his age through college.

How do you, as a grown-ass man, explain to your parents while you're under their roof and eating their meals, that you're purchasing hundreds of dollars in small, plastic toys so that you can hold onto them and sell them at a later date online? (through-and-through, these figurines to him are an "investment")

Like, I think he's imagining he's going to become a real-life Scrooge McDuck when this is all done and through and he's hoarding all of these amiibo.
Too bad that's already happened. ):

(though I do need to thank him for completely skewing Target's sales predictions - most stores get about as many new amiibo as you can count on your hands [whereas Nintendo's NYC store gets about 200 of each. Actual, BIG numbers] Every Target store's gotten like, 40 Rosalina each. All 40 are sold within the hour at most Target stores. This says good things about future restocks at not only Target, but other big retail stores)

...I wonder if Sonic will be common?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - by Kosheh - 02-02-2015, 08:40 AM