Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Help sniffing Metal Assault files (Metal Slug clone)
Ta-da! Pretty simple usage:

Code:
MetalAssaultExtractor inFile
    inFile: The mas.cvf file

You can also just drag the file onto the executable. Either way it'll extract into a folder called "metal_assault_extracted".

I looked around myself, looks like it goes directly into data/char/ani, and in there you've got 92 folders. All of them contain nothing but .ani files (some sort of animation data no doubt), except for the last one, 0862. This one contains some other file types, as well as some subfolders that contain DDS and TGA files. I'm a bit curious why they're all in that last folder, I feel like I might have a bug in my code but I'm not sure what it could be.
Doesn't really matter anyway, the textures are there. They're not terribly well organised, but probably a bit better than when just using offzip.

However, what you really want are the backgrounds and sounds, as you said. The backgrounds might be somewhere by those textures, but I really don't know where the sound files are. Can't find any WAV, MP3, or OGG files. They might be in some other format though, if you find anything that looks like audio be sure to point it out.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help sniffing Metal Assault files (Metal Slug clone) - by puggsoy - 01-20-2015, 04:46 AM