Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Legend of Zelda U - Epona has tree support!
I'm not gonna lie, I have to agree with Kriven and Iceman here.

While it was definitely an early build and they didn't really show anything, I get the feeling of "this is TOO open world" as well.
A giant map is great, but let's consider what they showed in the video.

It was, let's say 5 minutes of footage. At the beginning they picked some random tower-looking place and went to go to it, and even got on Epona.
By the end of the video, even though they were dicking around and not running /straight/ there, they still never reached that tower. Along the way they covered a whole bunch of empty land with some trees and saw like maybe 5 enemies total once they started getting closer to the destination.

You can ooh and aah at how pretty the game is all you want but that shit is BORING.
Even with WindWaker's vast ocean (which a lot of people disliked for being too big and open), there was still more stuff happening per square foot than there was in this video.
This game seems to be at least twice as big as WindWaker meaning twice the traveling (without using warp points ofc) and twice the potential for open, barren area.

(12-06-2014, 01:10 PM)Kosheh Wrote:
  • Boot up Zelda U
  • Check out where to go next
  • Call Epona
  • Put down Gamepad
  • Make a sandwich
  • Come back, and there you are at the dungeon :0)
Do you have any idea how ridiculously boring this sounds? I don't want to wait for Epona to run to a new location, I want to play the damn game.
Let's assume that you don't get up and leave the room. Now you're just sitting there bored while nothing is happening because you're waiting to get to the next area when in a smaller game you'd have been there already.

Not to mention that "yeah, go get a sandwich, you'll get there eventually" is pretty terrible game design.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Iceman404, Kriven, E-Man

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Legend of Zelda U - Epona has tree support! - by Vipershark - 12-06-2014, 11:17 PM