Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Legend of Zelda U - Epona has tree support!
(12-06-2014, 01:34 PM)Gwen Wrote: Why worry about that when what they showed was obviously "rough, early, basic" stuff? From what I saw the environment already looks like it'll vary a lot

Interviews make it sound like Aonuma wants the franchise to be more sandbox, and I've never liked sandbox as a core aspect of a game.

Sandbox post-game I've always liked, though. Once a game has been mastered and there really isn't anything else to do plot-wise, dungeon-wise. But again, the N64 games (and Wind Waker's islands, at least) had definable landmarks that were solely to that space. Here I'm seeing vast fields like the ones in Twilight Princess, which were just so barren and samey for the most part. I just started Skyward Sword last week or so and got to the point where you can finally leave Skyloft. There's this spiraling path into a crater, and running up and down that thing is just tedious busywork. It sounds like they want Zelda U to be even more tedious.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Legend of Zelda U - Epona has tree support! - by Kriven - 12-06-2014, 01:38 PM