Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
XYG Studio [Game Development Kit]
(11-28-2014, 06:06 PM)blazekick Wrote: cool i love the idea of this project by any chance may have have a pic of the UI. i think this make this difference between good or bad well difficult to get in to programs like blender look to cluted up (but good program) hope this is not. Big Grin

The runtime doesn't have a UI. On consoles like Dingoo, I plan on having it automatically launch a "game" that lets you select other games, unless I can figure out file association for those. If you run the runtime without giving it a game as an argument, it'll just flash a screen saying "NO GAME LOADED". I'm doing this to keep the runtime small and not require much change between platforms. If you're asking about the editor, I haven't started that yet; just imagine what Game Maker's UI looks like.

(11-28-2014, 09:20 PM)Neweegee Wrote: Networking? Like online features? If so, perhaps you could add functions specifically for making online Multi-player easier to add, because I wanted to do it in Game Maker, but it takes a ton of code in almost every corner of the game to make it work properly.

Unfortunately, all games require unique functions for online play. I'll mainly be focussing on IP connections and FTP/HTTP protocols. If I were to do some kind of client/server-type connection, it would take a lot more time and have to come later.

I'm having a weird problem where the screen surface doesn't want to scale up to the window size. It's weird, since I'm using the same exact code my sprite scaling uses, so it should be working. I've got a friend looking at my code, so it should be fixed in time. Meanwhile, I'm setting up all my shapes to be able to draw themselves, so I can start the hit test tests. ^^
Thanked by: puggsoy, Neweegee

Messages In This Thread
XYG Studio [Game Development Kit] - by Kelvin - 11-27-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: XYG Studio [Game Development Kit] - by Kelvin - 11-29-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: XYG Studio [Game Development Kit] - by Kelvin - 01-12-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: XYG Studio [Game Development Kit] - by Kelvin - 02-04-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: XYG Studio [Game Development Kit] - by ~Axis~ - 02-05-2015, 06:03 AM
RE: XYG Studio [Game Development Kit] - by Kelvin - 02-05-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: XYG Studio [Game Development Kit] - by Kelvin - 02-11-2015, 11:27 AM