Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
download vs buying cartridge
I prefer physical media, as I feel more secure having physical media (at least with newer systems*). I lean far more towards physical media for consoles than for handhelds due to the size of console games and the forevers it'd take to download them.

That said, I've been getting most of my 3DS games as of late via digital download, due to various reasons:
-Laziness
-Walmart (the only place that's nearby for me to get new vidya) doesn't have the game I want
-There's a sale for particular digital downloads I'm interested in (e.g. I just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate a couple weeks ago for $19.99)
-any combination thereof

I'd love a physical copy of Sm4sh, but let's face it, I'll probably be too fat and lazy to waddle my ass over to Walmart come October 3rd.

*For older consoles, there's a concern for bitrot and dying save capabilities. For instance, a lot of my N64 games have been losing years' worth of my gameplay. Thankfully, solutions like the Everdrive 64 exist.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Gwen - 09-19-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Mystie - 09-19-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Kosheh - 09-19-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by BullockDS - 09-19-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by recme - 09-20-2014, 08:21 AM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Yawackhary - 09-26-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Kriven - 09-26-2014, 05:25 PM