Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
KingPepe's Palace of Sprite Sheets
The white background clashes quite badly with the sprites. Seeing as the original Pokemon Yellow was for the Game Boy (and as such it made sprites out of 3 colours + transparency), which I assume used white as transparency and having the background filling it in (like Red and Blue), then technically white should be the color of the background because in reality, the white in the sprites is actually transparent (even though the NES can handle larger palettes (I think) this specific game probably uses the same system).

*catches breath*

However, more times than not, people will probably want to use sprites as normal, without holes in them. In this case it would obviously be more convenient to have a different coloured background. If they want the white removed they can do that easily.
It's not quite as bad as it would be with most sheets, due to what I said above, but I still would recommend changing the background.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
KingPepe's Palace of Sprite Sheets - by KingPepe - 07-11-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: KingPepe's Palace of Sprite Sheets - by Dazz - 07-11-2014, 05:25 AM
RE: KingPepe's Palace of Sprite Sheets - by puggsoy - 08-25-2014, 04:48 AM