Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! Now on New 3DS WOAH!
I think a lot of people here are discounting how much the right execution of what you believe you might not want could make something better than what you want.

For example: Just making a bunch of completely unique dungeons for each character could be LAZIER than having two characters share dungeons. It's basically having two games in the same setting with different characters. Its a lot of work to do that...
but designing a shared dungeon well probably takes a lot more work per dungeon, assuming Zelda plays differently.
The shared dungeons might have another advantage if Zelda (for any reason) has to tackle them in a different order than Link. Say when Zelda's takes on one of Link's early dungeons, not only does she have to solve puzzles and change route due to a different ability, but she has to deal with all the stuff Link moved around so he could get through it.

The Zelda is Link concept has some neat things as well, that just plain old girl link wouldn't have. Girl link? Doesn't necessarily add or subtract anything from the game.
Now playing as Zelda (openly or as a Zelda Link) automatically ask the questions, why not Link? Is Zelda just being more involved than usual? Is link not available for some reason?
A normal Zelda would have different skills altogether (making it more interesting (usually), while a Zelda-Link would likely be using Link's gear... but she might use them in a more Zelda like way.

I like to think that a Zelda Link scenario would involve the previous Zelda being dead, but the previous Link (holder of the Triforce of Courage) being elderly, thus it would fall on the current gen Zelda to pick up the Link role. I don't know, I think there's some decent story to be had here. If done right that is. Should be a darn good reason for any Zelda playing, and especially for a Zelda Link.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by: Kriven, Mystie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - by Terminal Devastation - 08-16-2014, 08:39 PM