Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread
(06-04-2014, 04:32 PM)Lexou Duck Wrote: well aint that funny i did that too a long time ago
[Image: 922b908b9a.png]

as you can see i used the colors of the NES palette, which you didn't for some reason
i'd also like to tell that every 16x16 tile is limited to 4 colors only

They were done in Mega Man 9 style, actually. I knew I should have specified that... The grayscale ones were intended as a Game Boy variant, but some of them I'm not too happy with how they turned out. Mega Man 9 style has shading, compared to how yours looks. I'm pretty sure that the mugshots were treated differently from the rest of the sprites, correct me if I'm wrong...I know that in the NES style that most sprites followed a 4-color scheme (sometimes just 5 colors), but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case for the mugshots themselves (I counted the colors in the MM9 official mugshots, they were around eight or nine colors apiece). Unless the NES style and MM9 style aren't the same style?

The Game Boy grayscale ones are four colors each total, however.

What is the NES palette exactly? Sorry if I'm not familiar with the concept. ^^;

Is there anything else that needed work besides the NES palette? I couldn't figure out how to find specifically colors exclusive to those found on the NES, so I sort of looked for ripped sprites with the colors I needed and used those colors. Some of the colors I used came from sprites from Mega Man 9 or Mega Man 10...
Avatar made by UnknownBearProd on deviantART, as commissioned by me.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 07-13-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by deathbyjaguar - 07-14-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 06-04-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Lexou Duck - 06-04-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 06-05-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Kelvin - 06-04-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Kelvin - 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 06-05-2014, 06:25 PM