Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
i only ever make crap sprites
wow ok i somehow managed to forget i made this thread

[Image: MDvmVcz.png]
[Image: Yl7Pdne.png]

i did try to make crappy's nose bigger before realizing that's a design quirk i've been trying to stray from for years now. also, giving him a bigger nose made his face less readable. there's also a crapsman for fun and possible use, maybe

more importantly is the character below crappy: one is Classic Edition stevo with smooth hair, dark clothes, and a doofy grin. the other is THE IRON GIGATON, a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER who is definitely not STEVO BRAINWASHED TO THINK HE IS A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER. his hair is frizzy for effect and he wears light spandex.

i'm still sort of trying to make these according to nes limitations, but with stevo i'm just going all-out and assuming the game has the benefits of an MMC5 chip so that each 8x8 tile can have its own palette. as such, i've provided a tile layout of stevo and THE IRONGIGATON's sprites so that you can see how everything works. i'm not making the most efficient use of tiles, here, but the idea is mainly to make sprites that adhere to the nes' limits--not so much worrying about size issues. hopefully it's clear which tiles are using which palette.

i've got plans for these sprites, but my first goal is to build a cast. since i'm not focusing on animating these yet, now would be a good time to drop any criticisms you might have so i can act on them while there's only one sprite to act on.
Thanked by: Gwen

Messages In This Thread
RE: i only ever make crap sprites - by CaSquall - 03-15-2014, 02:48 AM
RE: i only ever make crap sprites - by Goemar - 03-15-2014, 08:31 AM
RE: i only ever make crap sprites - by CaSquall - 03-15-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: i only ever make crap sprites - by Crappy Blue Luigi - 04-01-2014, 03:13 AM
RE: i only ever make crap sprites - by Vipershark - 04-01-2014, 03:58 AM
RE: i only ever make crap sprites - by maarten - 04-03-2014, 12:35 PM