Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
I think most will agree that as long as something fits in with the game it's fine.

For instance: In the Last of Us there's a point where you're basically trying not to be raped and killed. It's pretty dark stuff. But it didn't glorify rape or take it lightly - like holy crap I felt awful because I wanted her to live. However I can't remember a single news site having any beef with The Last of Us because it handled it well.

The same goes for The Shawshank Redemption. Here we have a character thats is repeatedly overpowered, beaten, and raped. But it's part of the story. If you took it out Andy would be so much less of a character.

My point is, it's all about the context. This also means games like Senran Kagura Burst and Cho Aniki are 'technically' fine and dandy because there context is meant to be stupid.

Would really like Nintendo give the female gamer a better option than Peach though, but I think that's a personal gripe.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Sketchasaurus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by Goemar - 03-02-2014, 01:33 PM