Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
i'm gonna second C2B's post cause there's a very important idea here

why do we have to think of what's offensive/shocking to audiences when making a game ?
to ensure good sales, fine
but isn't that limiting our creative possibilities ?

wouldn't it be better to allow any type of content within a work of art, no matter how immoral or disgusting, as long as it serves purpose in the telling of the story ?

the issue with that question is more than just "if he doesn't like it he shouldn't buy it" because games, like any other type of art can be indoctrinating
i think that's our real problem here: the fact that people can lack critical distance when confronted with a game/art, and can take the values within seriously, when said values can justify/glorify causing harm to others
and on the contrary, if everyone was untouched and indifferent to all type of culture-related works, there wouldn't be much diversity among humans and we wouldn't be able to really react to anything, which is much of the fun in life imo

so i dont really know what to make of this
should we rather take in account the morality of what we make by fear of it being the source of hate or harm hence limiting our possibilities in the realm of art ?
or should we just say what we want, tell the story in its entirety regardless of reactions by the public ?
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by Lexou Duck - 03-02-2014, 01:09 PM