Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
I don't believe that it's the responsibility of you people that like objectified representation of women to stop enjoying what you like for the sake of other people who are ultimately responsible for their own emotions, and right and wrong are so objective in this case that I could see people believing both sides

but I hope that seeing the strong and varied responses of people in this thread compels some of you guys to at least sympathize with people that feel effected by this issue
even if you don't believe its the job of the media to change and make people feel better, you can still want it too and work towards making it more inclusive
that doesn't necessarily mean changing your beliefs on the subjects of censorship or empirical data either, it just means you have to have a general desire for progress in the mediums of story telling you enjoy

I also think that most of you guys will find that it really is in your best interest to look critically for the problems in the current status of female reps in games (and possibly anything for that matter), rather than dwelling in the "maybe it's okay". We can look at this situation as a challenge to make new and innovative characters that lack any sort of gender stigma, and maybe fail due to an inherent and unchangeable bias in men or maybe raise the stranded for what we expect in media.

(oh also, I personally play games with good characters, unlike you dummies, so this issue doesn't even concern me to much)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by Zac - 02-28-2014, 10:29 PM