Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
(02-28-2014, 04:52 PM)Koopaul Wrote: However, for many, it's just a fantasy. You have to give the player the benefit of the doubt that they will know the difference between fantasy and reality.

That women in real life are not objects for your entertainment. That violence in real life is not fun.

(02-28-2014, 04:52 PM)Koopaul Wrote: You have to give the player the benefit of the doubt that they will know the difference between fantasy and reality.

No, we don't. I guess I'm more-or-less restating what's already been said, but it's beyond common belief that violence is wrong. If you took a survey and asked whether or not women should be objects, I guess you might get a majority vote of "no," but it's not that simple. There are a lot of aspects of objectification that many people think is perfectly fine without realizing it. Our culture is anti-violence (for the most part, moneyman explains it better (actually just reread moneyman's post)), but it still has a lot of sexism and objectification within it. Therefore, it's not a simple matter of fantasy vs. reality, because these problems and beliefs exist in the real world as well.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Phantom Killah

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by StarSock64 - 02-28-2014, 05:24 PM