Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
Okay, I didn't imply that making her outfit less revealing made her progress as a character or progress over time... I was just stating showing progress as a character in design alone is difficult as it is. Take that plus a character they have no idea what they want to do with and then make that character not age at all due to plot. Anyone would have complications showing progression in that character through design alone. Definitely after the time skip that the story took.
The only thing I can pick up from the story that would even come close to explaining some of her outfits would be the following; her sword is also cursed, causing her sanity to wane over time as well. It isn't truly enough to say, yay slut it up, but she isn't all there.

Now about the outfits. Her main outfit in 5 is a lot less slutty than in 4. And we still seem to be going off the 4 outfit. Also, you as a player have the option to customize the character's wardrobe with a variety of options or just making a character yourself. So even if her outfit was the same as it was in 4, why does it matter if there is a skimpy option as one of the options? As was said here earlier, there are plenty of people that are flashy in our world and the customize option plus other costumes makes that point almost entirely moot.

The point of not making anyone remotely revealing is supposed to restrict the chance of it being viewed as sexual. I never stated that anyone was automatically against anything revealing.
Love: Camo
3ds fc: 4296 3475 9143
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by soulcaliburfan - 02-27-2014, 02:48 PM