Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Nostalgic Pokemon Emerald Hack
(02-21-2014, 08:30 AM)Midi Wrote: Shame there's no G3 pokemon involved. Seeing G2-style sprites of them would be pretty cool.

Also, and I'm not sure how well adding new content to roms works, but would it be possible to include Johto and Kanto? Being able to travel between three regeions would be fantastic (GSC spoiled me).

Well, having some experience with pokemon hacks, I can tell you that it is impossible. And I'll tell you why:

First, there isn't enough memory in the rom to store all the dialogues of the new characters you'd encounter in kanto and johto. Even if the rom is expended, you cannot change the number of letters of dialogues nor add new dialogues without risking to alter all your good work in a bad way.

Secondly, I think it maybe possible to make a little part of kanto with all the unused places (you know the lengendary pokemon islands you get access through mystery gift tickets and the beta maps) and do other parts with the unused memory. But there is certainly not enough memory for both.Also adding new catching places doesn't really take that much memory...

Finally, while one can expend by a lot of memory the rom to have enough space to make all that, the rom will be very unstable because it will be too much expended.

I don't say that I'm an expert, but that's what I can tell from my experience so far. If it really is possible, then it means that I have not discovered how to yet nor seen any hack like that.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
The Nostalgic Pokemon Emerald Hack - by [robo9] - 02-19-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: The Nostalgic Pokemon Emerald Hack - by -¼- - 02-19-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: The Nostalgic Pokemon Emerald Hack - by E-Man - 02-19-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: The Nostalgic Pokemon Emerald Hack - by -¼- - 02-25-2014, 07:29 AM