Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zelda: Four Swords free until the 2nd
(01-30-2014, 08:30 PM)Sengirbug Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 03:43 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I personally find this pretty disappointing considering that Nintendo was all like "these Ambassador games will never be available on the eShop so they're for Ambassadors only"

Actually they only said that they don't have any plans to release them any time soon. I hope they release them (even though I'm an ambassador) just because it would pave the way for more GBA VC games.

I'm pretty sure I read something that said GBA games on the 3DS VC isn't happening, ever, due to hardware limitations.

Basically the way it works is that for the 3DS to emulate the GBA, it has to run in DS mode (since the DS had the hardware to do so) and as such you can't get any of the features like save states or anything that appear in other 3DSVC consoles since DS Mode isn't able to use the extra resources that the 3DS has.

In other words, the Ambassador games were more or less Nintendo's attempt to see if it would work, and when it didn't they decided to release them to the Ambassadors since they can't actually sell them as VC titles with so little features.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Zelda: Four Swords free until the 2nd - by Rhyme - 01-30-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Zelda: Four Swords free until the 2nd - by Vipershark - 01-30-2014, 09:10 PM