Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game
The contrast between the shades is almost nonexistant, at least when zoomed out. You're also using many more shades than you need, but that depends on what you're going for. As for the environment(grass, trees, etc) they look okay, but they look like they were made with the circle tool, the trees having an unnatural shape, the grass pattern, etc. Also, the right-hand edge of the grass is poking off the edge; there's no reason for it to not poke off the left-hand edge. Also, the curves in the grass have many jagged lines. The shading on the leaves of the tree is banding, whereas the shading on the log itself is reverse pillow shading(which makes the log look somewhat metallic). Sorry if this sounds rude, but your walk cycle looks more like his legs are jelly wobbling back and forth. The shading difference alone on the legs aren't enough to tell which leg is which. Also, the head should turn a little bit - not as much as the body, but just a little bit, to complement the body.
my fingers hurt a little now
@Vipershark: I wouldn't use the term "pixel cluster" when speaking to a beginner spriter(without describing it, of course). I know that I didn't understand it very much when Gors used it talking to me, aside from the context given.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Eldon.McGuinness - 01-01-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Vipershark - 01-01-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Vipershark - 01-01-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by DioShiba - 01-02-2014, 11:11 AM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Vipershark - 01-01-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Vipershark - 01-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Ploaj - 01-01-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Vipershark - 01-01-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Vipershark - 01-02-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Sprite/Art for My OUYA Game - by Quotient - 01-02-2014, 12:56 AM