Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
A war vs Viacom(or how five characters return youtube back to the way it was)
(12-26-2013, 06:46 PM)E-Man Wrote: The only reason why I think you want to make this game is to vilify Viacom for something that happened a long time ago and hardly matters anymore. Is Viacom not that great of a company? In some was, yes, but so are the hundred other corporations that use cash cows and pay little to no attention to its customers. Besides the reason involving YouTube, I don't see any good reason why you want to single them out.

If you want people to help you with your game, that's just super. From what I'm seeing, though, it's very unlikely that anyone will help you program it if you don't make your game interesting enough. So far, you only gave us the bare idea of your game and a handful of sprites. How about fleshing it out? As it is now, it just looks like a typical wish fulfillment story where popular characters team up with what appears to be a self-insert of sorts. Call it a hunch, but I think a name like "NinjaDude" best proves the point of the latter.

[Image: vlpbM9S.png]

Looking at the sprites, though, is there any reason why you chose the Mother 3 style? I know some people like that style, but how about using a more challenging sprite style? The users on this site love a good sprite style, so if you could whip up some flashy sprites from scratch and beef up your story a bit, maybe you might get somewhere.
I chose Mother 3 because it's easy and I needed an 8-directional style. I will upload more sprites of the characters soon. MegaMan Volnutt,Felicia and Shadow will be in this game. I will improve Ninja's Sprite so it has a shadow,fix a few things,and make more sprites. NinjaDude was a character from a comic I wrote on DeviantArt. The Plot:
In the year 201X,NinjaDude had saved the Earth from another crisis,with a portal gun. He then went to his house and rested. NinjaDude has the ability to teleport into cyberspace via getting KO'd. He then noticed that YouTube was a mess because of Viacom,who had stalked thousands of YouTubers,just to be evil,like the Pigmask army tried to enslave humanity. NinjaDude teams up with Megaman to kick some corporate ass! later,Klonoa is contacted about the issue. The two boys go to Burger King where they find Klonoa. He joins after lunch. Then,after they finish wave 3,they ask Felicia,a 45-year-old catgirl,to join them to help them find ways to entertain themselves. When 299 grunts died,the 300th appears. The 4 get pwned and contact the Ultimate Lifeform--Shadow. He joins. Then,they infiltrate the HQ,and Duel Philippe Dauman. Following defeat,he is forced to scrub all the floors in Uganda. They find the internet Dragon balls to revive the old YouTube and Maria Robotnik,and to give NinjaDude a Hyper form. The 5 warriors disband and NinjaDude is back in the Real World,never to go to teh Internetz again.
I make bad content
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: A war vs Viacom - by Gors - 12-24-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: A war vs Viacom - by Sir Ethan - 12-24-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: A war vs Viacom - by Kosheh - 12-26-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: A war vs Viacom - by E-Man - 12-26-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: A war vs Viacom - by Saltonara - 12-26-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: A war vs Viacom - by E-Man - 12-26-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: A war vs Viacom - by Sir Ethan - 12-27-2013, 02:10 PM