Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI new look
(12-12-2013, 01:40 PM)E-Man Wrote: I don't have the image on me right now, but I once saw this one pic on DA that compared the sprites used in the actual Megaman X port with his own rendition of the sprite. I know that fans create really good sprites depending on where you look, but if the official sprite looks like an MS Paint doodle, then Capcom might need to take another look at its sprite department since they are normal such talented artists.
And the iOS MMX "MS Paint doodle" sprites are actually the better sprites too. Many others in that same port looked like Rotsprite'd garbage with minimal smoothing work. Also, the iOS port of Megaman X slashed so many frames of animation, which is particularly noticeable with X himself. (Roughly fifty-fucking-two percent of X's fucking frames were dropped*, are you goddamn kidding me.) Oh, and iOS X never even gets sprites in his full armor either. Megaman Xtreme, a Gameboy title released 11 years before the iOS remake, didn't have either of these problems (Xtreme dropped far fewer frames and even then the animations were still smooth).

As for that dA post: was it something like this?

About the iOS FF5/6 character sprites: gonna have to agree that they don't look that good. FF1/2/4 iOS did a great job with their sprites, but FF5/6 don't look quite as polished or detailed.

*Oh yeah, I fucking counted it. 106 initial frames; 55 dropped. 51.88% total loss. Disgraceful.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy VI new look - by Drauger - 12-12-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI new look - by Sengir - 12-12-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI new look - by E-Man - 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI new look - by BullockDS - 12-12-2013, 07:03 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI new look - by Koh - 12-12-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI new look - by Ton - 12-12-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI new look - by AuraLancer - 12-13-2013, 12:07 AM