Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Poll: What do you think about Luigi?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
He's, atleast, a little overrated now
16.67%
2 16.67%
Luigi is just getting what he's been needing
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Luigi actually overshadowing Mario now?
I think most people prefer Luigi over Mario as a character due to his goofiness, as PK said, and usually has more of a personality, as Zero Kirby said. Mario is cool, but most of the time he's a bit "too perfect", and isn't really able to connect with players. A lot of the time he also merely serves as a "puppet" for the player to control.

On the other hand, most of Luigi's appearances let him show his personality and gives him a character that players can relate to. In Mario Bros. games, he usually is essentially the same as Mario. But in things like Luigi's Mansion (2 at least, haven't played 1), even during gameplay you can see how scared he is. In the M&L RPG games, he also has a sort of "lovable coward" sort of atmosphere, and serves as a bit of comic relief.

I'm not saying Mario is a heartless shell, of course. He's shown his personality a lot and how much he cares for Luigi (recently passed a bit in PiT that really stressed this). The thing is that I think because Mario is so much more perfect than Luigi, people can't really relate to him and he's not as lovable. He's a top-notch hero and deserves as much credit as he gets, but sometimes Luigi seems under-appreciated in the Mushroom Kingdom and that can, ironically, cause players to appreciate him more.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Luigi actually overshadowing Mario now? - by puggsoy - 11-26-2013, 06:01 PM