Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
"A Really Retro Game" Early Development (Recruiting)
(11-22-2013, 03:40 PM)Kosheh Wrote: i think you're kinda missing what Viper's telling you - things like a quest tracker and afterlife are going to be an absolute bitch to program if this is your first programming endeavor...
also given it's a retro game about pirates (haha ARRG i get it) ...shoot for simplicity and design a character that's symmetrical ...

oh and one more thing

if it's a game about pirating can it be like a weird mashup with a goofy little pirate man with a GTA mentality (i need to get te south wharf! i need te put a saddle on this ere whale and ride me way over! all hail pixelbeard, no one rassles with the likes of he! [opens up chocolate coins and eats them])

I know this is huge, but I plan to take this slowly, I'm not all like hey let me make the most complex game on the market in six months with no experience... the process that I have been using is
1. concept and research
2. critical thinking on how to accomplish what I want
3. code based on the critical thinking design
4. debug
5. simplify the code

I am fully confident that if given enough time Me and my partner Benjamin could make this game, but that doesn't change the fact there are people who have know how, methods, and experience we do not... that is the reason I came here in the first place. This is me asking "Hey, is there are there any java programmers or artists willing to help in a big project" not "hey are there any programmers who will make a game for me" I think this is a noble enough goal, I am just looking for help and maybe partnerships I can add to my team.

I'm glad you get the ARRG joke but the game isn't actually about pirates...not to say you couldn't role a pirate finding camps pvping and looting.

that last part SOUNDS AWESOME hahahaha!
[Image: ZIGE5FE.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: "A Really Retro Game" Early Development (Recruiting) - by golbez22 - 11-23-2013, 02:58 PM