Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Rabbids Go Home" .BF Archives
I found a QuickBMS script here, which was made to extract .BF files from a game called From Dust. This game also uses the LyN engine, so I tried it out with each of those files you uploaded.

In RGH.$hd$.bik.BF, I got a bunch of .bik files. RAD Video Tools sees this extension as a Bink video file but it can't play it. Looking in the files, I saw that the header was preceded by 32 bytes, after removing those it's a valid Bink video and plays. I'd guess those bytes are important for the game, but they're just in the way here.

In RGH.BF, there are 3 .bik files, 2 .cfg files, 5 .wol files, 1 .wog, and bunch of .bins and a HUGE number of extensionless files. I have no idea how any of these work, even the .biks are in a different format than those in the previous archive.

RGH.wii.sns.BF is full of .sns files. These look like similar to the .bik files, after the first 32 bytes there is a WAV header. However the largest one is only 378KB, and when I try to listen to it (after removing those first 32 bytes) I can't hear anything since it's so short. It's probable that they're compressed, the smallest is a mere 4KB which I can't imagine could contain any useful audio at such a size.
The QuickBMS script also tried to extract a humongous file but I didn't have enough space, although it had a weird name and I expect it wasn't actually supposed to be extracted.

Anyway, that's all I got for now. I could look into this deeper but right now I'm quite busy and honestly can't be bothered, sorry. If you want I might be able to whip something up to remove those first 32 bytes from the .bik files, but it's fairly simple to do yourself with a hex editor (unless you want to see ALL of them, there are 83 which I admit is a bit much to all do by hand).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: FunnyStarRunner

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Rabbids Go Home" .BF Archives - by puggsoy - 11-19-2013, 12:25 AM