Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
"A Really Retro Game" Early Development (Recruiting)
(11-13-2013, 06:15 AM)Vipershark Wrote: I got about a quarter to halfway through that post and had to stop reading...

Everyone's got huge ideas for the dream game they want to make, and I applaud you for actually learning to code so that you can work on it yourself.
But you REALLY need to scale back, here. Start off with something simple instead.

Thank you for your input, but when you break it down this is not as ambitious as it may seem, there are no real radical features, they are actually mostly common run of the mill rpg features, as for things like the pay and such for steam, yes that is ambition, but it is more of a far off dream, it may be years before this game is plausible, but i'm not going to abandon the idea, i'm just adding to it feature at a time until it's done, with the team of just three we are actually making good progress surprisingly having worked on it for just over a month, the later features will be slower to come, but I do see a good future for this, if not commercially it will be an awesome journey to make, this games not about making it big it's seeing if we can take some effort to break the convention of today's highly automated game creation from game companies... I really do appreciate the feedback, but just don't disregard this project as a failure from first look.
[Image: ZIGE5FE.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: "A Really Retro Game" Early Development (Recruiting) - by golbez22 - 11-13-2013, 06:33 AM