Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do you think being nice is more important than talent?
I can see why several people were pleased to have you back! What you said was actually beautiful and so true! Even though I like the talents some of the people I know have, I truly adore how they treat me! Besides, I'm sure everyone would agree that if you only like someone for their artwork, then you would feel very hollow on the inside.

Take A.J. Nitro for example. Even though I'm fond of the guy's spritework, I wouldn't care if he actually makes sprites. The real reason why I'm fond of him is due to my interactions with him. Not only is he a cool guy, but he is very understanding and patient. While I would like a few sprites, I would rather have a steady friendship than a bunch of little images any Tom, Dick, or Harry would slap into a sprite comic.

Also, I saw that you mentioned something about people changing. For me, that's really good! The "n00b" you would know today could end up being a wise sprite master tomorrow (I don't mean it literally, but you get what I mean). As a matter of fact, though, I'm glad that you were able to figure that out on your own, Goemar. If more people were like you, then the Internet would be a better place.

Anyway, if we could accept that people change for not only the worse, but also for the better, I feel that everything would be alright. In fact, if met me awhile back, you probably wouldn't think I was the same person back then.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think being nice is more important than talent? - by E-Man - 09-29-2013, 02:54 PM