Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do you think being nice is more important than talent?
That's not being someone's friend. That's using someone for your own personal gain and/or fame.

I don't get what you're getting at. I've met plenty of nice guys (who are also talented and good friends of mine) and even more "nice guys". The latter were egocentric, self-promoting jackasses. Protip; if one must actively and persistently say that they are a "nice guy", they generally aren't that "nice".

Edit: Whoops, it seems I was ninja posted. Drshnaps, I don't see where talent serves as a means for developing relationships(outside of professional ones). You may attract people because of admirable skills, but if you're an irritable person no one is going to stay around you for long. Unless they see something worthwhile in being your friend (either they can tolerate you and think a worthwhile friendship can be had or they want to sponge off of your "talent" and brag about knowing having you as a "friend" to meet other people (I saw this happen quite a few times at a studio I used to study at)). Whereas being nice isn't necessarily a foolproof way to make friends either, but it does make you more approachable so that ground level conversations may be shared that allow a friendship to form.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think being nice is more important than talent? - by Marth - 09-28-2013, 10:35 PM