Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Do you think being nice is more important than talent?
Hey, forgive me for bumping this topic up, but since I was the one who create the topic in the first place and I'm going to contribute something meaningful to it, I don't see how that is breaking any rules.

(07-25-2013, 01:41 AM)Koopaul Wrote: But what makes us friends is that we see each other as someone who's worth listening to, standing by, and trusting.

Kindness can be a reason to respect someone. A few people I know respect me for my "caring nature" as they would say.

I like the way you think, Koopaul, but sometimes I feel this is barely enough for me. Sure, a lot of people told me I'm a kind and understanding person, but several other people called me annoying, insensitive, and toxic. The reason why I work so hard to gain respect is to remove those negative assumptions some people make and see me in a more positive light. Despite what some people say, I feel like I'm not trying hard enough and I'm doing something wrong.

(07-25-2013, 12:57 PM)Gors Wrote: My friends are all talented and shit, but it's not why I befriended them in first place. It's because they make me feel important as a human being, the mutual caring and the feeling of helping each other, that's what I appreciate in a friendship.

For some unknown reason, I tend to make friends pretty easily. Even though it's not as affective as it is offline, I still earn admiration from a lot of online people. What I like the most in a friend is being understanding and patent with me no matter what I go through. Of course, I contribute by not trying to be extremely annoying and not exploiting them for their talents. Since it's no secret that I'm egotistical, I have to try hard to keep that side of me at bay. Still, it's worth it to keep a pal or two and make some more.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think being nice is more important than talent? - by E-Man - 09-28-2013, 11:30 AM