Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
"It Gets Better, I Promise": The games you like that everyone hates thread
(09-03-2013, 02:35 AM)Koopaul Wrote: I wouldn't put Earthbound or Majora's Mask in here just based a few people you know. These games are universally praised and the people who hate them are not the norm.
I'd say the same for Super Mario Sunshine though! Maybe it's just where I am?

I like to think that I can like some bad games because of brand/franchise loyalty, but certain abominations like Sonic '06 can't be defended by me.
On the other hand, Sonic Advance (which I'm not saying is universally hated) is one of my favorite games ever, but there's nothing AMAZING about it (I like the music and graphics though). It's not BAD, but not OUTSTANDING.
Yet I ADORE it. :Y

(09-03-2013, 07:28 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: You know, I once thought Earthbound was kinda meh. Then I gave it a go a couple of days ago.

I've only gotten to Giant Step and I already think it's the best game I've ever played in a long time.
It gets better! My favorite part was Summers and Fourside. Once you get partners the battles become much more interesting.

(09-03-2013, 07:28 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: WHY THE CORN DID IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET A VIRTUAL CONSOLE RELEASE?
There were potential legal issues regarding copyrights and such
plus it didn't sell well outside of Japan
and only got really popular around 5-10 years after it was pretty much forgotten

plus NOA likes to avoid issues like localizing Mother 3, let alone an anthology of Earthbound and it's previous game, which never made it out of Japan either

Really it's a bunch of things all combined to make one big mess of different opinions.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It Gets Better, I Promise": The games you like that everyone hates thread - by Baegal - 09-03-2013, 08:54 PM