Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art
this might sound really harsh but you should scrap everything there as teh pose is completely off

it looks like you focused on the each armor piece instead of viewing your art as a whole. Hence, the character's legs don't match and are shorter than the upper body half (legs are a little longer than torso+head), and the head came out a tad too big to the type of art you're using.

before making sprites like these, be sure to get its pose right. A good tip is to try out the pose yourself. If you feel comfortable in such posing, then chances are it will fit the character too. Study references like photos, images that has a similar pose.

you also have a lot of banding going on. Banding,as seen in the spriting dictionary,

Quote:It's a flawed technique where you shade following the outline's shape. Avoid doing it, as they are ugly and don't convey depth. usually, is performed under the false ilusion of an overdone "anti-aliasing".

[Image: spelunky4.png]

so you may want to avoid those shade lines near the outline. They will just make the sprite look like stickers instead of actual armor.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Gwen

Messages In This Thread
BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art - by BrettG - 08-11-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art - by BrettG - 08-11-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art - by Jamuk - 08-12-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art - by BrettG - 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art - by Jamuk - 08-13-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art - by Gors - 08-13-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: BrettG's Sprites and Pixel Art - by BrettG - 08-13-2013, 08:52 AM