Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do you think being nice is more important than talent?
(07-24-2013, 01:57 PM)Sengir Wrote: Important for what? Friends?

I'd rather befriend someone based on how we connect over how kind/talented they are. I've made great friends who don't fit your definition of "nice guy" but are fun to be around.

But if someone is a jerk to you of course you don't want to be their friend.

True, but what if that person wants to change and is actually a nice person deep inside? People can start out on the wrong foot and still like each other in the end. It just depends on how willing each side is going to compromise to form a good friendship. Over time, though, it's okay to expose some of your habits and vices. I just don't want annoy of those to be an excuse to end a perfectly good friendship.

(07-24-2013, 02:32 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: Talent and 'being nice' aren't mutually exclusives at all. You can find very talented people who are really nice friends, just like you can find nasty people with no artistical talent whatsoever. What matters the most when making friends is if you two actually care about yourselves, and nothing else. Sure, it's a plus if he/she is a talented artist, in which case you could be doing collabs/practicing art together/discussing about art, but it's not a 'must-have' thing.

I never said that I wanted a friend to have talent. I actually wanted a friend who is nice enough to like me and give me plenty of chances in case things go sour. I met some people who flat out end a friendship over petty reasons, so this is what I often look for in a person.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think being nice is more important than talent? - by E-Man - 07-24-2013, 02:36 PM