Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU
(07-24-2013, 06:52 AM)Koh Wrote:
(07-23-2013, 11:28 PM)Baegal Wrote: To Baegal
What turned me off originally wasn't the battle system and lack of unique enemy animations. I was just saying that's what makes turn-based RPGs much more interesting; every enemy is unique in their own way, even the palette swaps, instead of just being tankier rehashes of previous enemies.

What turned me off originally was, as I stated before, how SLOW this game starts. It takes quite a while for the story/action to get interesting. I'll try to look past it when I get my hands on the rom later...for now, Puyo Puyo Dungeon beckons me.

It does have it's unique twists to turn-based battle, and I welcome it all~ But, I still think the series is highly overrated. It just feels like any other JRPG to me, with it's own twists on mechanics and story. I love many JRPGs, but they all have that general aura about them that defines JRPGs. It's not just this game (and Mother 3) either....Final Fantasy 7 also suffers from overhype and pedestal raising; it just feels like yet another FF game with a downer hero to me. I actually prefer FF6 over FF7, since the characters are much more interesting.

Final Fantasy 7? You mean that game with Cloud in it? I honestly don't get why that one is the most popular of the series. All I ever hear about it Cloud this or Seth that! When I took a look at the graphics, though, I think the game would have looked better if it was made with sprites. The body shapes of some of the characters don't appeal to me and the pre-rendered backgrounds really stick out like a sore thumb to me. If you ask me, I think Grim Fandango pulled it off better.

As for Earthbound, I actually like the art style, story, and characters better than any Final Fantasy game. Even when not in battle view, the sprites look like their promotional artwork and the palette for the overworld looks very mellow to me. Also, the story is easier to follow than most RPGs. On top of that, I can look at Ness and his friends far longer than most of the characters in any Final Fantasy game.

Please forgive me for saying such things about a respected series of RPGs, but this is my opinion. If you want to play any Final Fantasy game, go ahead! As for me, I would rather play Earthbound.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU - by E-Man - 07-24-2013, 10:15 AM