Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU
(07-23-2013, 11:28 PM)Baegal Wrote: To Baegal
What turned me off originally wasn't the battle system and lack of unique enemy animations. I was just saying that's what makes turn-based RPGs much more interesting; every enemy is unique in their own way, even the palette swaps, instead of just being tankier rehashes of previous enemies.

What turned me off originally was, as I stated before, how SLOW this game starts. It takes quite a while for the story/action to get interesting. I'll try to look past it when I get my hands on the rom later...for now, Puyo Puyo Dungeon beckons me.

It does have it's unique twists to turn-based battle, and I welcome it all~ But, I still think the series is highly overrated. It just feels like any other JRPG to me, with it's own twists on mechanics and story. I love many JRPGs, but they all have that general aura about them that defines JRPGs. It's not just this game (and Mother 3) either....Final Fantasy 7 also suffers from overhype and pedestal raising; it just feels like yet another FF game with a downer hero to me. I actually prefer FF6 over FF7, since the characters are much more interesting.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU - by Koh - 07-24-2013, 06:52 AM