Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU
PP rolls too, but the numbers are generally smaller so you can't really do too much.

I would recommend setting your text speed to fast, though--it helps make a move before all of your hp runs out!

Personally, I really love the battle system.
It's plenty unique-with rolling bars, interesting enemies that aren't generic minion #1 (you fight a deranged suburbian lady I mean come on), and awesome music to accompany a tricky background.
Any game that has more than 10 generic battle themes deserves a high five!!

Also if the biggest concern is the fact that the enemies aren't animated, well, that's kind of a dumb reason for me at least. I actually prefer it static, because the images yield more interesting compositions, rather than relying on a idle loop to keep the viewer interested. (while I love the Black/White animation of pokemon, it only encouraged stale, uninteresting poses for the sprites).

I'd also really love to get this legitimately, but I don't have a WiiU :C
Either way, it's great to hear this game is getting at least some recognition in America again--the fact that people look past it because of graphics kind of disappoints me because they tend to confuse 'simple' with 'sloppy'.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Kriven, E-Man, Tellis

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU - by Baegal - 07-23-2013, 11:28 PM