Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU
I might have to come back to this and give it another chance. Probably just pick up the SNES rom...I don't mind grinding in games if the combat's actually intuitive and entertaining, but this one is only the former. This series is the only game series I've seen that has a Mileage HP system, where you can take a lot more damage than you actually can take, but as long as you heal enough before it reaches 0, you're perfectly fine. Who thought of that, and why weren't they given a medal?

But seriously, neglecting that, the battle system is exactly like Dragon Quest's, since there's no ATB meter (Final Fantasies 4-6) or other "turn" progression method. I like those games, but even those can get stale. This isn't to say turn-based or ATB based RPGs battles systems are always boring, but there has to be something that makes it interesting. For example, unique enemies, even if they're going to be palette swaps, with unique animations and battle tactics.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU - by Koh - 07-22-2013, 08:01 PM