Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread
Hello everyone, Midday here. I'll be using this thread to post some of my sprites for a Megaman fan game I've been working on. The Megaman fan game in question is one of my personal projects.

That said, here is a sneak peak at a tileset I'm working on for an ice level. The frozen food items in the tileset are going to eventually be incorporated as tiles, for they'll be frozen inside the blocks of ice. I guess you could say I was inspired by Wario Land I and II for this tileset. ^^;

You can see the tileset inside these spoiler tags, since I'm not sure whether the image is too large. Note that the tileset is a work in progress (WIP):
[Image: GZdNxdL.png]

Also, here are some of the sprites for Bisect Man, one of the Robot Masters (ignore the mushroom dude's sprites in the image):
[Image: bisect_man_and_myco_man_sprite_attempts_...5xnh7i.png]

The following image that is in spoiler tags is a Lego level tileset (for the aforementioned Megaman fan game), but note that this one is just the bare bones of the tileset and is also a WIP, for I need to work on some background tiles and some Yoku Block tiles. Also, I need to recolor the tiles to be more colorful, the grays won't work for what I want to use the tiles for. I'll try to figure out a palette that only uses five colors including white and black (not including transparency in that number count). There's a chance I might remove white as a color, or perhaps I'll have to do a few adjustments with fixing the palette to not use so many colors. I have an idea of what to do next to reduce the color count.

I think I was unintentionally inspired by that boss level in the Mario Zone of Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. It was a long time since I've played the game, but I must have some how used the same idea for this tileset without even realizing it. I only realized it recently when I went back to replay Super Mario Land 2, a few months after having stopped working with this tileset.

But for now, here is the work-in-progress Lego level tileset:
[Image: lego_level_sprites_wip_by_midday_mew-d6dbma2.png]

Please note that I'm a novice spriter. ^^; I'm not very good at this, I think. So uh...I guess I tried my best. ^^;

Any feedback would be much appreciated. ^^ I have plenty of room for improvement, after all. Feedback really helps me improve my work.

Thank you for your time, for your patience, for any feedback you may provide, and for reading this. ^^

EDIT: Needed to replace a broken link. Sorry! For those who are wondering, the link that broke was the one for the ice level tileset.
Avatar made by UnknownBearProd on deviantART, as commissioned by me.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 07-13-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by deathbyjaguar - 07-14-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 06-04-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Lexou Duck - 06-04-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 06-05-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Kelvin - 06-04-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Kelvin - 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 06-05-2014, 06:25 PM