Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Western Fantasy!
So the project doesnt have a name but I've got into the habbit of naming all the texture files "jim" so I suppose thats a good enough name for now.
I've got an engine working and the skeleton of at least 3 boring games, I say boring because usually something about their presentation has just not appealed to me (and theres no point making a game if you dont enjoy it).

Anyway I sprited a few characters until 1 stuck and I settled on this guy, I guess his name is jim.
Theme is a steampunk western, gameplay so far is mario 2-ish but I'm adding a handful of items for limited use to change things up (guns, steam-fists, whatever)
[Image: jim_by_pushbombshell-d614w1p.png]
western based as you might imagine its tileset includes sand. (the X in the corner is the NotATile tile to be used like a delete tile button int he editor)
[Image: jimtiles_by_pushbombshell-d614x0s.png]
and the items I dont have much, just something to test smashing them
[Image: jimitems_by_pushbombshell-d614x8g.png]

but my main concern atm is to get a simple background, I've had some issues picking colours though.
There are no specific limitations, but I'd like to stick to a certain style hopefully conveyed in the sprites already shown.

Any and all comments or crits would be greatly appriciated,
Thanks for reading,
Bombshell
Thanked by: Lexou Duck

Messages In This Thread
Western Fantasy! - by Bombshell93 - 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Western Fantasy! - by Jamuk - 04-15-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Western Fantasy! - by Volmaeth - 04-19-2013, 02:39 AM